Saturday, November 27, 2010

White Elephant

I love to play on words, so for our annual office Christmas party white-elephant gift exchange, I decided to find a white elephant. It probably would have turned out more fruitful had I been mindful half a year ago that I needed to find one, but two weeks prior to the event doesn't leave much time to scrounge around for one. I decided to knit one. Finding a pattern is so easy with the internet; in fact the main problem is sorting through all the available patterns to find one that resonates.
I found one that has huge ears, minimal body and very large feet. He is quite cute and just the right size for a tree ornament, although I don't quite get hanging an elephant in the tree but I also don't get hanging a pickle ornament either but that's just me. I think I missed out on some traditions somewhere.
I wonder if I could knit a pickle ornament?

No comments:

Post a Comment